A stye is a red, painful lump often filled with pus, that forms on the outside edge of the eyelid that may look like a pimple or boil.
- Painful lump on the eyelid sort of like a boil or a pimple
- Eyelid pain and swelling
- Soreness and itchiness
- Crust formation around the eyelid
- Don’t pop the sty or squeeze the pus from a sty.
- Gently wash the affected eyelid with mild soap and water.
- Apply warm washcloth over your closed eye for 5 to 10 minutes then gently massage the eyelid.
- Don’t wear eye makeup until the stye has healed.
- Go without contact lenses.
- Wash your hands and keep your hands away from your eyes.
Some stye resolve without antibiotic treatment. After an initial observation and home remedy failure, Callondoc recommends antibiotics to treat the stye.